Monday 28 September 2015

The Peter Werth 40th Anniversary Store Opening

Craig of That Dapper Chap attends the opening of the latest Peter Werth store and celebrates their 40th anniversary


Yours truly wearing my new Peter Werth tartan coat

Remember Peter Werth?


As some of us may already know, Menswear brand Peter Werth has been around for a while, since 1975 to be precise when they opened in London Islington
I can still remember our local high street store in the 1980's. A restructure saw the closure of many stores around the UK, but I'm pleased to see that this British heritage brand are back in a big way, and challenging some of the more well-know brands on our streets when it comes to style and quality. So I was pleased to get an invitation to the opening of their newest store which celebrates 40 years in the business.



The window of the new Eastcastle store

Celebrating 40 Years


Peter Werth’s 40th anniversary collection reflects their knitwear heritage and working class style; it also delivers their ongoing passion for delivering relevant, contemporary pieces with a sense of authority and understated style. Featuring knitwear, Made in London coats, shirts and footwear styles reflecting the wardrobes of working-class style tribes from the late ‘70s (the era they were founded), each piece is given a contemporary Peter Werth modern twist.



The guys at Peter Werth told me "As part of our 40th Anniversary celebrations, Peter Werth is delighted to announce that we're opening our second standalone London shop on Eastcastle Street, right in the heart of Oxford Circus"

"Situated on the site of our London headquarters at No. 26 Eastcastle street, which currently houses our creative studio and showroom, our 200sq ft concept shop will showcase a hand picked selection of styles from our seasonal range as well as being used as a testing ground for new Peter Werth products and the evolution of the brand"

The new collection in store
Guests meet to celebrate 40 years in the industry


Peter Werth looks displayed on the trendy bare brick wall
Guests and the DJ at the event
Caught on camera: Me doing my thing at the Peter Werth party
Rails of great new clothing for AW15

According to Phil Jones, Creative Director at Peter Werth "The store will take on a slightly different appearance from our existing Earlham Street, Seven Dials store allowing us to explore every element of the brand and get instant feedback from our loyal customers. It will be about defining the Peter Werth of the future"

Leather, wool and cotton side by side
Guests discuss the collection while enjoying a complimentary drink

Phil Jones continues "As well as incorporating an edited selection of key styles from the Autumn Winter collection, it will allow us to test out our point of view on materials, styling and smell, It's a fantastic opportunity for us" I have to agree that it's a very exciting time for Peter Werth who are coming back in a big way with this concept.

A close look at a wonderful floral shirt
You'll find the other half of this picture below!

Alongside the Peter Werth collection the store will also showcase a hand-picked selection of exclusive, complementary brands, such as Alban totes and luggage and woodblock posters by Anthony Burrill. So, if you're in Oxford circus and fancy a break from the crowds take that 2 minutes stroll to Eastcastle Street and check out the new Peter Werth store.

Tweeting their favorite pieces from the collection
The DJ keeps the tunes coming


The celebrations


Stepping off the tube on a busy Thursday evening at Oxford Circus, it was just 2 minutes before I was away from the hustle and bustle, and jostling elbows of Oxford Street, where everyone seems nothing but intent on their own agenda, regardless of who is in front, behind or beside them! So with stiletto dented double monks and elbow shaped bruises on my chest and back, I breathed a sigh of relief as the new Peter Werth store appeared in front of me, full of exciting clothing, smiley faces and wine. All three of which I was very interested in getting to know better!


Monochrome, a great story this AW
Art by Anthony Burrill adorns the walls
The other half of the "you photograph me and I'll photograph you" moment
Peter Werth are offering great pattern this season

With a warm greeting and a cold glass I was shown around the collection. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could easily have taken home one of everything. I say 'easily' and that is based on me having a large vehicle taking me directly home with everything that I wanted!


More of the new AW15 collection
Press and fans alike turned out to celebrate 40 years

The Peter Worth pin which adorns many a jacket in store
Getting the party started

As the DJ spun his vinyl I met Tom, who's passion for the range was instantly notable and infectious. He's a guy who knows his stuff and what works. Like me he is very keen to keep as much of the brand as British as possible, and he delighted in telling me about the british fabrics and manufacturers that are being used in this collection.  I am so dedicated to British manufacture that I was instantly hooked, and with its strong heritage, high quality and affordability I recommend that you check them out.

Discussing the collection with Tom from Peter Werth

Guests from all over the UK mingle with folk from Peter Werth
Suede chukka boots in navy and beige, perfect from autumn
Celebrating their heritage with a nod to knitwear

I'm in love with that navy and grey check blazer
Shearling collars: big news this season 

Find Peter Werth


      
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig