Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Ben Sherman Style Challenge Part 2 - Smart

Craig of That Dapper Chap styles three looks from the Ben Sherman AW15 range. This Suited and booted look is the second.


I was really pleased to be contacted by Ben Sherman as asked if I'd like to put together three looks from their Autumn Winter 2015 range. As a fan of the brand, of course I was going to jump at the chance!

I have gone for three distinctly different styles, one smart, one smart casual and the last one casual, just so I can show you the range of clothing that they offer.

This shoot by Ian Clark was shot in Waterloo train station,London,to keep in with the Ben Sherman 'London Calling' campaign.


Look 2 - Suited & Booted


This second look takes things up a notch and shows off some of the great tailoring offered by Ben Sherman. Not yet available online, this 2 piece suit has a distinct check pattern that sets it apart from the standard navy suit. Still predominantly blue, it does have a shades of green and heather grey which add some real interest.



The suit fits really well. Okay so I had to alter the length of the trousers but that's because I'm not one of the taller folk among us. The trousers fitted well on the waist in my size and the jacket felt like it was made for me.  In a time when different brands offer varying sizes of a 40" chest it's comforting to know that Ben Sherman seem to stick to the correct measurements. There's nothing more frustrating than buying a jacket in your size only to find that it way too big or small for you. If your chest measures 40" that's the size jacket that should should rightly expect to fit you!



Keeping things tidy and business ready I opted for a clean, simple, white cotton shirt and a navy knitted neck tie. I think wearing a patterned shirt with this suit would prove difficult and the pattern would need to be very subtle. I personally wanted the suit to speak for itself and not distract the eye with other obvious elements.



To complete the look I opted for the classic Daniel Wellington watch but switched out the blue and green strap for a plain navy one, again to keep things elegant and simple. As for footwear I went for a houndstooth patterned sock and a classic black tassel loafer.







I hope you're enjoying this series. Check back soon for the final 'casual' installment and If you like the suit, just keep checking online or in store as it's going to be available any day.

Where It's All From


Check Suit - Ben Sherman
White Cotton Shirt - Ben Sherman
Navy Knitted Tie - Ben Sherman
Black Loafers - Ben Sherman
Watch - Daniel Wellington
Houndstooth Socks - Rock My Socks


THANKS FOR READING!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig