Thursday 14 January 2016

London Collections: Men - Day 1

Craig of That Dapper Chap attends London Collections: Men as an accredited blogger and takes us through the events of day 1

Once again all the build up and anticipation of the largest menswear event in london comes to fruition and on Friday 8th January London Collections: Men once again opened its doors and showcased all that the British menswear industry has to offer.

This season saw me with a packed itinerary so I unfortunately had to choose which shows I wanted to see more as a lot overlapped or were logistically impossible to reach in the time between shows.


Stylists, press, editors and bloggers line up to sign in to this seasons LCM

After signing in at the stunning Victoria House in Southampton Row, this seasons LC:M hub, I took my official book and lanyard, pinned my badge to my lapel and made my way to the Barbour presentation. 

Barbour

Barbour never disappoint. The inherent quality comes through in every piece and they offered us everything that we'll need for AW16: heavy knitwear, their iconic wax jackets and a collection of great shirts and accessories.

Very accessible and easy to wear I've been a Barbour fan for a while and I really like the new collection.

Chunky textured sweaters continue to be a staple items

Beautifully tailored shirts in some great fabrics

Casual styling by Barbour to keep out the cold

The latest style Barbour coat



The classic Barbour wax jacket

Another great collection from Barbour


Cottweiler


After a quick coffee break I made my way to Marylebone to see the Cottweiler show. Designers Ben Cottrell and Matthew Dainty showed us a range of intelligent and futuristic designs in metallic fabrics and sheepskin-like woollens.

Moody models in fields of wheat from Cottweiler

Futuristic designs in metallic fabrics



Fashion folk flocking to see the new Cottweiler collection

Modern fabrics in relaxed design

Impressive designs with a real edge

The new Cottweiler collection



Universal Works


Leaving the Cottweiler show it was a hop and a skip over to Blandford Street to see what Universal Works had to offer. I've always enjoyed the Universal Works show and they always offer up an interesting concept.

This season was no different and we walked in to a virtual fairground, complete with 90's dance tracks and 'all the fun of the fair' Guests enjoyed mushy peas with mint sauce and popcorn while we perused the collection.

Unstructured, relaxed and comfortable clothing for the cool and youthful won the day, and they again showed a very British and very wearable collection that could be enjoyed by anyone.

Time for the Funfair with niversal Works

Prizes for everyone at the Universal Works funfair

Relaxed but stylish

The classic funfair goldfish, its all in the details

Casual footwear from Universal Works


I enjoyed the mushy peas and they certainly filled a void in my stomach

Unstructured and easy to wear

The new Universal Works collection


Private White V.C.


So leaving the sights and sounds of the fairground behind I legged it, in the rain, over to Mayfair to the Private White V.C. store on Duke Street.

Upon entering the store I was immediately welcomed by Brutus the Bulldog who took an instant liking to my trousers, pressing his nose against my calf and following me around the store. Apparently he likes the smell of my cats!

Private White never fail to impress and I was already converted way before I stepped over the threshold. The nod to classic wartime tailoring didn't go unmissed. Designer Nick Ashley continues to offer us some great pieces and I very much need to get some in my armoury.

Arriving at he Private White V.C. store in Mayfair

Classic styling from Private White V.C.

The new Private White V.C. collection

My new buddy Brutus


I'm in love with this heavy shearling collar coat

rails of clothing from the new collection waiting to be browsed

The models take their place in the store

More elegant clothing from Private White V.C.

I managed to snap designer Nick Ashley at the event

Guests mingle, drink cocktails and enjoy the canapes 

So after a fun filled day with very little to eat, cold and slightly wet, I called it a day and made my way to my London home where I had set up base for the weekend. Day one was a success on many levels. I met some great people, reconnected with my 'LCM Buddies' and saw some great menswear.

Roll on day two I thought. That was a success too and I'll report on that very soon so watch this space.

Thanks for taking time out to read this. Pop back again soon!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig