Friday 11 March 2016

That Dapper Chap X Topman - Great Britain, Great Suits

Craig of That Dapper Chap joins Topman for their Suit Style By City campaign which showcases different looks for different UK cities



Every guy needs a great suit, so I was pleased to be asked to be part of the Topman Suit Style By City Campaign, where the brand took seven top UK menswear bloggers and asked us each to represent a city based on what look is popular in that particular city.

Having relations in Brighton, that's the city I chose. A popular look for guys in this diverse and eclectic city is a roll neck sweater worn under a suit, and this is my take on it.


The suit grid flatlay as seem on Instagram
A good suit is a wardrobe staple and even if you work in a factory or have a uniform that you wear for your 9-5, you will have an event which calls for one at some point, be it a wedding, Christening, funeral, barmitzvah or whatever, you will have one! Yes, you can wear separates but why not really look the part in a sharp suit.
Topman have a great range of suits right now and there's something to suit all tastes, skinny fit, slim fit and a range of suits at just £100 



Check out the story on the Topman website



This skinny fit khaki green suit is from the £100 range and is a great colour. I wear suits a lot so I wanted to get something a bit different. Green is a great spring colour, so with thoughts of warmer weather and the rebirth of nature that's the path I took. It also reflects the colourful nature of the city that I'm representing.


The awesome Brighton pier

Sunglasses needed for the winter sun


To go under the suit I chose stone roll neckTo add a bit of contrast I chose darker accessories such as the brown flower lapel pin, the tortoiseshell sun glasses and the Delta Longwing burgundy leather brogues which I love!

The Delta Longwing brogues

Suited and booted for the city

Brighton beach, classically British

Suit, sweater and shoes from Topman 

The 'Maxy' woven elasticated belt continues the accent story and is by Brydon Brothers. Since it arrived it's quickly become a firm favorite of mine. 

The burgundy briefcase picks up the colour of the shoes very well and is the multi pocket Batchel from The Cambridge Satchel Company

The Brydon Brothers elastic belt

The Brighton pavilion, a stunning piece of architecture

Brighton itself is a very cool city and as I have family there I have a good excuse to visit! With great cafes, shopping and a truly diverse culture it's a city that I'd recommend you visit. When you do, just add a note here or add a pic to instagram and tag me! But don't forget to take that roll neck sweater!

Mr Alston Craig vintage leather wallet

Enjoying a well deserved coffee

Cafe culture is strong in Brighton

My new Ice City watch continues the colour story

I know I shouldn't but everything in moderation right!


Coffee keeps me going, like energy in a cup

Back to Brighton pier

My new tiger eye bracelet with gold buddha charm from Chandrah

The pocket square and flower pin keep it dapper

Suited and booted and ready for spring in my green suit

The roll neck make a warmer addition but still looks smary

More views of beautiful Brighton

Suit up in a skinny fit suit from Topman

The multi pocket batchel in burgundy leather

Check out the other cities on the Topman Website

Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon :)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig