Wednesday 19 April 2017

The Olivier Awards X Chester Barrie

Craig of That Dapper Chap attends the Olivier Awards as a guest of Savile Rows Chester Barrie wearing one of their evening suits.

Yours truly suited and booted at the Olivier Awards wearing Chester Barrie

If you saw my previous post where I was fitted for a tuxedo by Chester Barrie of Savile Row, you'll know that they invited me as their guest to this years Olivier Awards, held at the historical Royal Albert Hall.

Looking the part in my three piece tux, this was my first red carpet experience. As I made my way up the steps to the main entrance I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be while rubbing shoulders with stars of stage and film, all excited to see if they'd won one of the most prestigious awards in theatre.

On the red carpet on the approach to the Royal Albert Hall

Charlie Stemp at the awards wearing Chester Barrie


Matthew Bourne sporting a stunning Chester Barrie jacket

After being seated the ceremony began. It was widely anticipated that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child would sweep the board and peoples predictions were correct, with the show winning numerous awards throughout the evening.

National treasures Julian Clary and Paul O Grady making their way to their seats

The view from my seat as other guests arrive ready fr the ceremony

A highlight of the evening for everyone was Amber Rileys rendition of 'And I am Telling You' from Dreamgirls. With an incredible voice she raised the roof and received a standing ovation.

Another great performance was provided by the cast of School of Rock and I even managed to photobomb them while on the red carpet, the image appearing in the Daily Mail. Made it!

Guests packed into the Royal Albert Hall ready for the 2017 Olivier Awards

Photobombing the bast of School of Rock on the red carpet
The evening was a huge success and it was an absolute honour for me to be a part of it. A huge thank you goes to Chester Barrie for inviting me along and making sure that I looked the part in my three piece evening suit.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig