Saturday 8 April 2017

The Chester Barrie Tux

Craig of That Dapper Chap gets fitted for a red carpet tuxedo by Chester Barrie of Savile Row

We chose a classic black tuxedo for my red carpet experience

When I was asked to attend the Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards my first thought was "what am I going to wear?" The ceremony is a very prestigious event, attended by the best actors and stars of stage and screen, all dressed immaculately in their finery. What's a guy like me to do?

Enter Chester Barrie of Savile Row who offer a stunning selection of suiting and evening wear, exactly what I need for a red carpet event such as this. Panic over!

Just some of the eveningwear available from Chester Barrie at 19 Savile Row


Established on Savile Row in 1937 they've dressed everyone from Frank Sinatra to to Cary Grant and even Winston Churchill was a patron. More recently they have sponsored the Olivier Awards and dressed guests and presenters alike, so I was in very good hands.

You can read about the 2016 award ceremony HERE.

The Chester Barrie tailor spots the need to make some slight adjustments to the suit trousers

Arriving in Savile Row I was ushered to the fitting area and met the team before browsing the range of evening wear. We decided upon the black peak lapel dinner suit in blended mohair which features turned back cuffs, side adjusters on the trousers and a double breasted shawl collar waistcoat. classically Chester Barrie and classically British for just £995.

A closer look at the suit jacket and my dress shirt, also from Chester Barrie

Chester Barrie can tailor any suit to fit you perfectly, and while my jacket and waistcoat fitted like a glove straight off the peg, the trousers did need a little adjustment, so after being pinned in place by one of their tailors I had to hand the suit back to be altered, ready for my appearance at the Olivier Awards on Sunday 9th April.

Making sure that the fit is perfect, the tailor inspects every aspect of the suit

You'll get to see the finished suit in all it's glory on my follow up post where 'll document the ceremony and show off my Chester Barrie tux. To say I'm excited is an understatement! So, watch this space!

Getting a feel for my classic black three piece evening suit

I'm so excited to be attending the Olivier Awards but feel suitably dressed thanks to Chester Barrie

 FIND CHESTER BARRIE

    
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig