Tuesday 21 April 2015

What I Wore Today - Grey Check Three Piece Suit

That Dapper Chap shows us what he wore today and tells us about this grey check three piece suit on this bow tie Tuesday.


Todays look, rolling up my sleeves to feel the sun
What a beautiful day today was! Spring is most definitely here! With daffodils and tulips bobbing their colourful heads in the light breeze, and the warmth of the sun tempting us into removing our blazers. It's now that the warmer weather gets us hunting for those sunglasses that were put somewhere very safe last September! Have you managed to locate yours?

The suit jacket and todays bag
I've only worn this suit once before, actually that's a lie, I have only worn the trousers and waistcoat once before. That's because I have only very recently bought the matching jacket. I wore the trousers and waistcoat for my shoot with Antoni Manuel and I'd totally forgotten how well it fits and how much I liked it! You can see an image from that shoot on the blog banner above.


The entire look with the three piece suit
The suit is 70% wool but it isn't a heavy suit, in fact it's quite light and very easy to wear. It is predominantly grey with a brown windowpane check. While I do not generally champion mixing grey and brown as I feel that they come from different colour families and don't compliment each other, I'm happy that this works.

A close up of the vintage bow tie and lapel pin
As the orangey brown check is quite prominent I decided to embrace the colour clash and chose a vintage clip on bow tie in a classic paisley design. It gives a very vintage look, particularly with a three piece suit and matches the colour well.

Taking time out to enjoy the delightful spring weather
Continuing with the vintage theme I wore my vintage pocket watch with a new chain. It's just a cheap replica but it does the job. It was just £7 from Ebay. I'd been looking for a more elaborate chain for sometime and while I could find plenty they were a little out of my price range! I'd love a genuine vintage silver chain, maybe that will go on my Christmas list!

My new pocket watch chain with elaborate charm
Stepping out in style
Again keeping with that slightly orangey theme, I went for orange socks. This adds a real shock of colour and a bit more personality to the look. I continued that colour story with the bracelets. 

Todays shoes are a vintage style brogue, again this maintains that overall theme. While they look good, they are not leather. They're now a bit worse for wear, particularly as I tripped on these steps and virtually ripped the heel off the right shoe! Time for a new pair I think!

Todays sock, shoe combo
The orange and brown bracelets pull the colour theme together
A vintage look in a new three piece suit
A look at my vintage army edition pocket watch from 1953

WHERE IT'S ALL FROM


Grey and brown check three piece suit: Next

Plain White Slim Fit Shirt: H&M

Vintage Clip On Bow Tie: Ebay

Vintage Pocket Watch: Ebay

Pocket Watch Chain: Ebay

Orange Socks: Next

Vintage Style Brogues: Goor

Leather Briefcase: Rocha John Rocha at Debenhams

Moon Lapel Pin: Ebay

White Cotton Pocket Square: Next

THANKS FOR READING!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig