Wednesday 16 December 2015

The White Stuff SS16 Press Event

Craig of That Dapper Chap attends the White Stuff SS16 Press event and enjoys a great meal and gets a peek at some of the new collection.




I'm relatively new to White Stuff, I've been into their shop in my local town a few times and have fallen in love with their style! I am converted and I'm a huge fan. So much so that I recently did a shoot for their Hidden Havens campaign dressed head to toe in White Stuff menswear.



I was therefore really excited to be invited to their SS16 press event, a three course meal at the swish Carousel restaurant in London.


Mannequins proudly wear the new spring range

the beautifully decorated table

As I often do I arrived early and the guys were still setting up, as I made my apologies I realised that it was a great opportunity to take a few pictures before everyone else arrived. And before you ask, yes I was dressed in White Stuff!

The table was beautifully dressed in a rustic botanical theme and each guest had their own animal egg cup delightfully inhabited by a little succulent which I thought was a great touch. There was a bit of swapping going on very early which cats being swapped for bears and polar bears being swapped for foxes (that was me)

Various animal egg cups. These were the rejects!
Yours truly, browsing the SS16 White Stuff range
Scrumptious canapes. I could easily have eaten every one
wine poured and ready for guests
As guests arrived, the wine and conversation flowed. There were various magazine fashion editors and freelance writers, all enjoying the collection and taking notes. The photographer snapped away and we enjoyed a few delicious canapes before we were ushered to our seats for our meal.

the quirky decorations and mis matched chairs are perfectly on brand
My personalised place setting, complete with swapped out fox!
deep in conversation with a member of the White Stuff team


I have to say the meal was amazing! We started with prawn and chorizo risotto with crusty bread. This was followed by slow cooked pork belly on a bed of dressed lentils and for desert there was chocolate meringue. Every course was delicious and all helped down by one or two glasses of wine.



After the meal we talked some more and I chose my favorite pieces from the new range. Anyone out here who knows me knows that I'm a sucker for a quirky printed shirt and the SS16 range doesn't disappoint. My particular favorites (and I couldn't choose between the two) are the bicycle print shirt which has small colourful images of people riding their bikes dotted on a cream background, and the and the drinks shirt which is a busier print covered with bottles and glasses. A perfect party shirt (for me anyway, judging by the amount of wine I consumed that evening!)


The bike and drink print shirts ready for SS16
Always great for shirting the SS16 range from White Stuff is a winner
Guests mingle and discuss the new collection
Picking out a great blazer to wear with the bike print shirt
A closer look at the drink print shirt pattern
A closer look at my favorite blazer
The room was decorated perfectly for spring
A close up of the bike print shirt
vintage doors adorned with planting decorated the room
A nautical look for SS16 from White Stuff
Relaxed but more formal with a dash of personality
A pale blue raincoat perfect for those April showers
White Stuff also do casual well and offer some classics for Spring
Perfect weekend attire for SS16
Yours truly showing off my top picks

What I'm Wearing


Shoes: Arthur Leather Brogues £85.00

Trousers: Weaver Trousers £55.00

Shirt: Knowledge printed shirt £47.50

Waistcoat: Regent Waistcoat £65.00

Jacket: Regent Blazer £145.00


Find White Stuff


     


Thanks for visiting, come back soon!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig