Wednesday 15 February 2017

The 'Ginsberg' tartan suit from Noose & Monkey

Craig of That Dapper Chap wears the 'Ginsberg' tartan suit from Noose & Monkey


We've all come to love Noose & Monkey for their tailoring and the less usual pattern, colour and textures that they offer. You may have seen my previous post where I showed off items from the latest range.

As a guy who likes to step outside of the standard look a suit can offer, Noose & Monkey really appeal to me. So when I had an opportunity to grab the blue and green 'Ginsberg' suit, of course I leaped at it.



They say that blue and green should never been seen. I don't know who 'they' are but they couldn't be more wrong! For me blue and green sit in the same colour family, and while I struggle with putting brown and black together, this combo of colour works perfectly.

If you're a fan of tartan you should also take a look at the 'Hogarth' suit in red and navy. A bit more 'in your face' than the 'Ginsberg' but what an impact!




This, like the majority of the suits from Noose & Monkey is a skinny fit. The jacket has a one button fastening and peak lapels. With a single vent at the back, it has three pockets on the outside and four inside. There's even a special comb pocket where you'll find a complimentary Noose & Monkey comb to keep that barnet well coiffed. and don't forget the famous Noose & Monkey skull print lining.


The waistcoat is a double breasted horse shoe design which again sets a Noose & Monkey suit apart from other suits available on the high street. The do recommend that you try a size larger in the jacket and the waistcoat as the fit is very slim. Having said that I usually buy a 40" chest and ordered the suit in the same size, and I think you can see from the images that it fits well.

If you do decide to order a couple of sizes to check what feels best, Noose & Monkey offer a full returns policy. 



The trousers are again a skinny fit. I ordered the size I usually do, and they fit just fine. They are flat fronted and have two pockets at the back, one with a flap, and one without that has contrasting lime stitching, another little touch that Noose and Monkey like to include in their suiting.


The suit may not be for everyone, and while I did get a negative comment from a colleague, a complete stranger did stop me in the street to tell me "I love your suit" So if you're looking for something different for an event, a wedding or that prom, take a look at the Noose & monkey range.

FIND NOOSE & MONKEY

    
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig