Saturday 25 March 2017

Styling Jigsaw menswear at Old Spitalfields Market

Craig of That Dapper Chap styles two looks from the new range of menswear at the Jigsaw store in Old Spitalfields Market.

The stand alone Jigsaw menswear store in Old Spitalfields market

On my recent tour of Old Spitalfields Market I not only wandered around the many market stalls but also took time to browse and shop in the stores surrounding the market, one of which was Jigsaw, the luxury clothing brand. Set in a great little stand alone menswear only store in Lamb Street, I was shown around the collection and took some pieces to style.

A great range of Oxford shirts are available for SS17 at Jigsaw



Being shown the Japanese style selvedge denim jeans

With a great range of classic capsule pieces it was difficult to select my choices from the collection. Denim jeans come with a slightly wider leg and that Japanese styling that's becoming so popular. With hints of workwear in their casual pieces, suits were presented in Italian fabrics and soft linen.

All of the accessories, including socks, available at the Jigsaw store in Old Spitalfields market

Classic style sweatters make great staple pieces in any guys wardrobe 

The cool menswear store, perfectly laid out. Are you ready to shop?

With a really nice choice of items I chose pieces that I was able to mix and match, with the Bloomsbury linen suit under my arm I also pulled out the fine stripe slub T shirt, thinking it'd look great styled casually with white trainers such as the Campbell leather trainers


The pieces that I chose to style from the latest range at Jigsaw

If I wanted to wear the suit more formally I'd need a crisp white shirt just like the Japanese selvedge Oxford Shirt. And while looking for this I spotted the Kingsley Suede Trucker Jacket and after an emotional moment, I got my breath back and made up my mind that I had to have it!

LOOK 1

Look one is all about the Bloomsbury linen suit, teamed with the white oxford shirt and some black leather loafers it creates a look appropriate for the office but also relaxed enough for date night due to the nature of the soft fabric.

At this point I also want to say thank you to the guys at Cosy Club Ipswich for allowing us to shoots these looks in their restaurant. If you are planning a date night do give Cosy Club a look, I love it!

Wearing the Bloomsbury navy linen jacket and matching trousers

Dress down the look and swap the shirt for the T shirt and add the trainers

Add a tie and a pocket square for added dapperness, this really is a versatile suit

LOOK 2

My second look keeps the Bloomsbury linen trousers but switches on a more casual look with the addition of the suede jacket and some white socks and trainers. The striped T shirt keeps the look cool but you could just as easily wear this look with the oxford shirt for a smarter edge.

Wearing the Bloomsbury trousers with the stripe T shirt and the 

The soft slub striped T shirt works perfectly with the Bloomsbury linen trousers and trainers




FIND JIGSAW


       
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig