Saturday 14 February 2015

What I Wore Today - Green With(out) Envy

That Dapper Chap shares his daily look using a muted palette of moss green and brown


This look went feet up literally and stemmed entirely from my new merino wool socks. While I do love bright colours that have an immediate impact on the eye and make a real style statement, I also love an autumnal palette of muted green and brown. More sedate yes, but no less impactful.


So, with socks chosen I knew I had a moss green, textured knit cardigan which would work well, so I dragged that out of the wardrobe and grabbed a moss green nato strap for my watch. 

The trousers were part of a suit but since losing a bit of weight the jacket was a little too big. After passing the jacket on to a new (and slightly larger) new owner, I took the trousers to my tailor for alteration as I couldn't bear to part with them, and they're much easier to alter than a jacket!



The jacket is slightly unusual in that it's made from corduroy fabric and has pleated patch pockets with a button down flap. It makes a change from the standard blazer and it was a good fit for this look.



To finish the look I chose a heavy wool tie to continue with the depth of texture in the styling. The bracelets continue the colour story and the camo pocket square adds a modern trend element. The briefcase is a necessity, and this is the first time I've used this particular one. 

The shoes are a leather loafer and show off the socks perfectly. After all they were the inspiration for the whole look so I had to give them the exposure they deserved!












Where it's all from

Brown leather loafers: Topman
Green merino wool socks: Cnyttan
Wool check trousers: Next
Plain white shirt: H&M
Moss green texture knit cardigan: Next
Wool check tie: Vintage from Ebay
Corduroy blazer: Next
Watch: Paul Hewitt
Bracelets: home made and various outlets
Leather briefcase: Tunisian Store while on vacation
Pocket Square: Pocket Square Clothing
Lapel Flower: Bespoke Unit

Thanks for Reading!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig