Wednesday 18 February 2015

What I Wore Today - The Denim Blazer

Craig of That Dapper Chap shares today look and follows his quest for the perfect denim blazer

The blazer is a go to item for any gent worth his salt, usually found in wool, tweed and cotton for those warmer days, and worn both casually and when the occasion calls for a smarter look. We all know the denim jacket too with is stud buttons and cropped shape. But have you ever considered a denim blazer? I have, and it took me ages to find one!


After deciding that I needed one in my life, I set about googling 'denim blazer' I was presented with, well, not much really. I was directed to various menswear sites, all to no avail. Plenty of denim, plenty of blazers but no denim blazers. Google Images didn't help much either as I was sent to pages that didn't exist or that didn't have the same blazer.


After more searching I did find denim blazers, but they were all bleached, ripped or distressed. Not at all the look I was going for! I wanted something that looked smart, something clean and presentable. So I dropped Google and popped into Ebay, surely they would have something? And then I found it! Priced at £38.00, brand new and located in China. A click on the 'buy it now' button, a two three week wait and it arrived on my doorstep.

The blazer fits perfectly and is fully lined, single breasted with a two button fastening and buttons at the cuffs. I'd found my perfect denim blazer and I'm glad I spent the time searching the web for it. Now you don't have to. I've done all the leg work for you!


Now what to wear it with! Going for a slightly preppy look I chose my favourite chinos and a statement shirt. You all know I'm a fan of red and blue as a colour scheme so it'll be no surprise that that's what I opted for! Keeping the colour scheme tight I went for a matching watch strap and belt, red socks and blue suede shoes (queue the Elvis impressions)!




I almost put on a plain navy tie, but changed my mind at the last minute. I thought the shirt may be too busy for a patterned tie, but I think this diagonal stripe knitted tie adds interest and works well. I couldn't leave without some bead bracelets, and again kept these coordinated.




The badge is a bit of a tongue in cheek nod to the preppy, college look, and works as it adds a red accent to the big block of blue that the blazer creates. It's for that reason that I added the red and blue silk pocket square too. So, did I make the right choice?







Where it's all from


Blue Suede Brogues - Savile Row W1
Royal Red Cotton Socks - Cnyttan
Lawson Navy Chinos - Racing Green
Red and Blue Elasticated Leather Ended Belt - Paul Hewitt
Classic Line Watch - Paul Hewitt
Patterned Shirt - Next
Knitted Tie - Ben Sherman
Denim Blazer - Ebay Seller Storming1818
Silk Pocket Square - Paul Hewitt
'Head Boy' Badge - Ebay Seller mlbadgesmore
Bracelets - Hand Made
Briefcase - Vacation Purchase, Tunisia 

THANKS FOR READING!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig