Sunday 30 October 2016

The Jeff Banks Savile Row Bespoke Suit - The First Fitting

Craig of That Dapper Chap returns to Savile Row for the first fitting of his bespoke suit from Jeff Banks

My very first look at my new bespoke suit from Jeff Banks Savile Row

Just a few short weeks since my last visit to Jeff Banks Savile Row and my bespoke suit is back from north Africa and ready for me to try. If you missed the first part of this series, take a look at the first post where I document the measuring experience and also share some handy hints and tips on what you can expect when you visit.


Arriving at the store I was greeted by Alan and Steve and a glass of Prosecco, all of whom made my second visit a truly enjoyable experience.

I was super excited to see my suit for the first time. While I chose the fabric, the lining and the buttons as well as every other aspect of the suit, I didn't truly know what it would turn out like. I had a good picture of it in my head and I wasn't disappointed. 

Steve, one of the Jeff Banks tailors and I enjoy a bucks fizz

Alan takes me through the detailing on my suit jacket

After greeting the guys and catching up on what we've all been up to since our last meeting, it was time to unveil the suit. Straight away I knew that I'd made the right choices. Not that this was ever really in question as Steve and Alan did a fantastic job of guiding me through the process and assisting me with the options available.

I'm so pleased with my fabric choice. While it is a wool, it's a finer and less heavy fabric than others available, and it's going to have a level of versatility that can take me through the seasons. Being a three piece suit I have the ability to wear all three pieces during colder months and maybe just the trousers and waistcoat during warmer weather.

The Jeff Banks tailors make sure that the suit will fit me perfectly

The whole purpose of this first fitting is to ensure that all of the measurements taken during my first visit still apply and to make any necessary adjustments before the suits is finished. That's why your suit arrives semi made. You'll see from these images that the jacket has only one sleeve. If, for example the shoulders or sleeves needed to be adjusted it's a much easier job to complete than it would be had the suit been completely finished.

Cheers, the prosecco pours while I have my first fitting of my new suit

It's all in the details, and the flash of orange piping adds additional interest to my suit

It's very normal to have some minor alterations during your first fitting. A bespoke suit needs to fit you perfectly, and with all the will in the world it's unlikely to do that without a nip and a tuck here and there.

While my waistcoat fitted like a glove we did feel that the jacket sleeves could be a touch shorter. It's important to show just the right amount of shirt cuff when wearing a suit, and a quarter inch shorter on my sleeves will ensure this is the case.

In addition to that, the Jeff Banks tailors will make a small alteration to the waist of my trousers. The waist was a little smaller than they liked, and as a result they sat slightly higher on the ankle. Again this is easy to resolve and usual during this part of the suit making process.

Breakfast for the That Dapper Chap team, a very nice gesture from the guys at Jeff Banks

A closer look at the fabric of my Jeff Banks bespoke suit

Alan marks the button placement on my jacket

A nice little present from the Jeff Banks team making my suit truly personal

So, with the alterations noted efficiently on my records and the markings made on the jacket for perfect button placement, it was time for me to say goodbye to both the suit and the Jeff Banks team for another couple of weeks while those essential changes are made.

Be sure to check back for the final part of this series when I show you the full suit in all it's glory.

FIND JEFF BANKS 


  

Address:

No. 36 Savile Row
London, W1S 3QB
UK

Nearest underground stations:

Bond Street, Oxford Circus & Piccadilly Circus

Car Parking:

Limited street parking available or Q-Park, 3-9 Old Burlington Street, W1S 3AF

Contact

Telephone 0207 734 3973


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig