Tuesday 9 May 2017

What I Wore Today #52

Craig of That Dapper Chap shares what he wore today and features a traditional brown check wool suit from Next. 


Being a typical Brit, the weather is one of those subjects that instantly springs to mind. Living in a country where we can 'enjoy' all four seasons in one day (and that is not an exaggeration) it's a subject that's close to our hearts. So, in my typical Brit fashion I'll start with a note on the weather!

I remember only a few short years ago that I got sunburned in April, this year it's fair to say that temperatures are less than usually seasonal, hence me reaching for a wool three piece suit!





While this suit is now out of stock, and while the stores are now cramming racks and shelving with summer fabrics and colours, this suit is a bit of a favourite of mine so I wanted to share it with you.

From Next, it's a slim fit design in a chocolate brown. It's traditional in that it's a three piece suit and comes with a collared waistcoat, but the pale blue and orange wide check that runs through the fabric makes it more contemporary and adds more interest.




As loyal readers of my blog will know I'm a champion of splitting up a three piece suit and I have worn the jacket with  chinos and brogues, and I've also worn the waistcoat with a Granddad collar shirt and jeans. Likewise, the trousers could easily be dressed down with a T-shirt, trainers and a bomber jacket for a very modern twist.





For my look I chose brown suede desert boots and finished with a floral tie which pulled colours from the suit. So, while this post may not be immediately seasonal for those outside of the UK, it offers some thoughts for the later seasons. With brands already holding Autumn/Winter press days it won't be long before we're seeing heavier tweed and wool fabrics back in stores and online, so you have a head start for end of year styling!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig