Wednesday 13 August 2014

Tudor print

During my recent trip to Birmingham I stopped into the Zara store and among the usual shirts this teal green and white patterned shirt jumped out at me. Looking at the pattern I initially thought it was a Christmas print as it encorporates stags and trees. 


Looking at it a little closer, other images came to the fore and it soon became apparent that it is a medieval or Tudor design. Move over Henry Viii.

After grabbing the shirt I strode off towards the fitting room and on the way this diagonal striped tie caught my eye. The colours went really well so that came with me too! 



The trousers are a new purchase too, they're a skinny fit design and went well with the style of the shirt. As the trousers have a black trim on the pocket I opted for black loafers and my black leather briefcase and belt to complete the look.



The tie clip is a vintage slide on style which I embellished with a metal pistol charm and a bit of glue. The green teal bracelets are also a home project.





Black leather loafers: Scooter by Monk
Socks: Topman
Dress trousers: Next
Shirt: Zara
Tie: Zara
Tie clip: Vintage
Sunglasses: Oscar Wylee
Briefcase: vacation purchase from Tunisia
Bracelets: handmade
Watch: Timex Weekender with nato band

THANKS FOR READING!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The Dapper Chap,
    I am a new subsciber to your blog. I got the link when I came by your Instagram page last evening and I was instantly hooked. I love the way you lay out the looks on instagram and the details you pay to your outfits. Your style really resonates with me. And what I like more is that your blog has a natural and easy feel and not the stiff, glossiness one gets with other style blogs. So I want to encourage you to keep up the awesome work you are doing. I hope you are well.
    Kind regards from Eldoret,
    Alvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eldoret,

      Welcome on board! Thank you so much for the feedback. Its great to know that people appreciate what I do.

      I always intended That Dapper Chap to be an easy read. I'm not GQ, I'm more of a helpful friend or Uncle. There are plenty of sharp glossy style sites out there so I wanted mine to be more more approachable and keep a 'warmer' feel, and it seems from your feedback that I have achieved my vision.

      Thanks again!

      Craig

      Delete
  2. The Dapper Chap,
    Hi, what is fitting like on the loafers, do they come up a bit oversized like ikon loafers?

    Cheers Jason

    ReplyDelete

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig