Monday 4 August 2014

No collar required

When I saw this heritage style, collarless grandad shirt on the Next website I had to get it. As you no doubt know by now, I'm a big fan of vintage and heritage styles and this shirt is certainly evocative of a past era. 

There was once a time when you didn't wash your shirt until you really needed to, but you could easily detach your collar and give it a good scrub and starch it stiff before reattaching it with little collar studs.

Okay, so this shirt doesn't have a detachable collar or even the tiny holes where you would attach one, but it's style is so reminiscent of that time that it doesn't matter. You get the look without the fuss.



The blue suit is also from Next. Since buying it I've lost a little weight so I'm going to have the trousers tailored as I love it so much that I don't want to move it on. The navy suede brogues go well with the look and I added a touch of fun with some mis-matched striped socks.



The pocket watch is true vintage, bought from eBay from a great guy on eBay who buys and refurbishes old watches. It's an army issue pocket watch from 1954. As such, I don't class it as mine as the guy who had it before me had it for way longer than I have so I'm just it's guardian until time moves on. Tick tock, tick tock. 









Blue Suede Brogues: Saville Row Co
Socks: Baton Rougue by Oybo
Suit: Next
Shirt: Next
Pocket Watch: vintage army edition
Lapel Pin: Home made
Bracelets: Home made

THANKS FOR READING!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig