Wednesday 27 August 2014

First Fairisle

Bloody bank holiday Mondays! Love them, obviously as it means an extra day off work, but bloody hell, they do mess your week up! This is the reason we're looking at #bowtiewednesday instead of the expected #bowtietuesday, which the rest of the entire world (and maybe beyond, who knows) knows and loves! 



So having prepared myself for 'bow tie Tuesday', I suddenly became acutely aware that it wasn't Tuesday at all, but Wednesday! because Monday was like an extra Sunday, and Tuesday automatically became fake Monday by default. Poor 'Tuesday after bank holiday Monday', so misunderstood! 


I very nearly stood on this little fella on my way to work today! I hate that knowing 'crunch' so it's lucky I saw him slithering his way to the snail factory, or wherever it is he works. We had a selfie together before going our separate ways. He wasn't too talkative so I didn't give him a business card. He had some cool stripes though. Props. 



I'm loving my new bow tie and lapel pin, both from Southern Gents, please take a look at the product review I did for them and don't forget that 10% discount to That Dapper Chap readers!  I was so excited to receive the Pegasus lapel pin and I'll explain why. One of the best dreams I ever had was of me 'The Black Knight' riding my Pegasus 'Valinor' through the clouds. Swooping and climbing, the wind whipping up my black cape. That was such a cool dream!  Marvel fans will know! 





Anyone who has followed me for a while will know of my love for fairisle, and I couldn't resist the opportunity offered by a cool morning to drag this vintage knitted waistcoat out of hibernation! There are so many more of it's brethren to wake up over the coming weeks! All snoozing gently between the fragranced drawer liners, waiting for those first leaves to turn before the get to be seen again by the world (and beyond, who knows!). So watch this space!







Leather kilted tassel loafers: Monk
Mis matched socks: Oybo
Chinos: Next
Shirt: H&M 
Fairisle waistcoat: vintage from eBay
Blazer: Topman
Bow Tie: Southern Gents
Lapel Pin: Southern Gents
Pocket Square: Gavin Pierre Medford
Bag: leather briefcase, bought in Tunisia

THANKS FOR READING! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Dapper Chap

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig